While the Bose original QuietComfort Noise Cancelling Headphones blew the competition away with their performance and superior sound, the QuietComfort 2 ups the ante. Theyâ€™ve improved the sound, increased the comfort level, and made them easier to pack.
Whereas the original model was bulky, the headphones on the Bose QuietComfort 2 swivel so they fold flat and fit into a nicely designed case. The package is slightly bigger than a CD wallet and much easier to pack for traveling. The earcup cushions are cushy soft and do a great job of sealing off outside noise.
Why They Rock:
Where you can get one:
- The Noise Cancelling circuitry is enclosed in the headphones themselves.
- The cushions on the earcups are softer and close out the sound better than the original version.
- They fold up smaller than the original version, with earcups that swivel 90 degrees to fold flat in the portable case.
- Battery life is approximately 35 hours and it uses a single AAA battery.
- There is a 30 day trial so you can test the headphones and return them if you are not satisfied.
- Including the cable, the headphones weigh 6.9 ounces.
- Boseâ€™s proprietary acoustic headphone structure has tiny vents that produce a tonally balanced sound.
- Their proprietary Noise Cancelling technology electronically identifies and reduces noise, yet preserves the audio sound.
- The audio cable is detachable, so you can use the headphones for noise reduction only.
- Active equalization electronically tunes the frequency response to provide superior sound.
- The headphones include a headphone extension cord and two-prong in-flight adapter as a useful bonus.
The quick & dirty:
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
You pretty much canâ€™t go wrong with the Bose QuietComfort 2 Noise Cancelling(R) Headphones. They are well worth the price. If you do serious traveling, they will cancel out the frustrations of airline travel like no other set of headphones, and get you to your destination in a serene mood, ready to do some business.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: