The winter months can be a slow time for designers. People have more important things to spend their money like holiday travel and Tickle Me Elmos. While this time f year my be slow, it doesnâ€™t have to be wasted. Use this time to start marketing yourself and hopefully this time next year, you will have work to keep you busy through the winter months.
Who says you need money to market yourself? Here are a few ways you can market yourself without breaking the bank.
- Send out holiday eCards
- Email larger firms who may have run off work
- Reward your clients
- Design a new business card with a coupon on the back
- Do some pro-bono work for a charity
These are only but a few of the ways you can market your business during the slow months. For even larger list of marketing ideas, be sure to check out:
- 101 Ideas to Get More Freelance Work and Generate New Client Leads
- 120 Free (or Almost Free) Self Promotion Ideas for Freelancers
- 10 Free marketing ideas from David Airey
Do you have any creative ways to market yourself or get business when things get slow? Share your ideas in the comment section below. Im always interested to see how people market them self online and off.